Skipping lessons okay?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
sophos707

Skipping lessons okay?

Post by sophos707 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:14 am

Hi there,
I used to play piano a lot more than I do now. But I want to retrain myself. So, in PS I'm going through the lessons.
One thing bugs me though: when I download a session there are like 4-5 lessons on the left.

Usually, the first 3 are so easy it drives me nuts. I'll just skip to the 4th or 5th and play it once or twice for a 100%. But, I notice the lesson doesn't get marked as completed when I do that.

Is it okay to do? Will it mess up scoring or what will happen because I'm skipping the easiest boring parts for me?

Thanks,
Jeff

apol0

Re: Skipping lessons okay?

Post by apol0 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 pm

I think the total score is based on all the practice tests, not only the last one. However, I think the entire point of the course is to learn piano, not to get a "good score". Good luck!

sw1tch73ch

Re: Skipping lessons okay?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Try switching to another lesson to see if that "completes" the lesson you just finished.

As apol0 the point is to learn. If you already know it, you aren't learning. I've worked my way through all the steps so far, so I really don't know if you get a complete for just playing the final challenges to a satisfactory score. I have seen where a lesson didn't get marked as completed until I switched away from it and into another lesson. Then when you go back to the boot camp page with all the lessons, you might see it update. But maybe that only works if you complete every step in the lesson.

Still, you're paying for the course, so you get to decide if completing the lessons is important for your skill level. I don't believe there is any diploma at the end, other than the ability to read music and play it.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --