New Windows 10 MIDI API?

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
Fulmitz

New Windows 10 MIDI API?

Post by Fulmitz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:16 pm

I understand that Microsoft has come out with a new MIDI API that supports MIDI over Bluetooth in Windows 10 similar to Macs. They created a "wrapper" that will do this automatically. I'm pasting the info link on this below. It would AWESOME if you could implement this in your software. Then i could use my Windows computer instead of my iPad as Windows version seems to have "more" such as bootcamp.

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/ ... 7YbdmK0.97

Any update info would be appreciated!!!!

Rob

seant23
Site Admin

Re: New Windows 10 MIDI API?

Post by seant23 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi Fulmitz,

We use a 3rd party library for MIDI connections. It's very well maintained and very popular. They keep it very well up to date as well. So I'm guessing they will add this into their library soon and then Playground will also gain this functionality.

As for the iPad, we should have the full bootcamp (with videos) integrated by middle to late December.

Fulmitz

Post by Fulmitz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 am

Microsoft says their MIDI bluetooth API has been out since August. Any idea how often you developers update? I can't get playground sessions to see my Disklavier BT midi connection.

nechavarria

Post by nechavarria » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:00 am

Hello guys!

1 plus on for the implementation of the new Windows 10 MIDI Driver for BT.
Check the discussion here:
https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/ ... CB211h7.97
This would be a very welcome addition in order to be able to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless BT MIdi Adapter with a Windows Laptop/Tablet.
Very nice it would be indeed.

Any plans?
Thanks a lot!

Nicolas E.