Wrong Note On Every Session.

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
Spock

Wrong Note On Every Session.

Post by Spock » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey,

I'm new to this but for some reason, on every session where I have to play along, the key in the image (below) is pressed without me pressing it. It only ever does it once and it only ever does it at the very start of a track.

Any idea what's happening?

Also, I'm on a Macbook Pro 2015, the MIDI cable is causing a static feeling sort of like a small vibration) when I touch the laptop; could this be there reason for my error above, or is it normal? It's a new cable and I'm new to this whole process.

Thanks

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Note On Every Session.

Post by davidsides » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:46 am

I've seen this issue before and it's usually the result of the cable. Do you have another MIDI cable that you can use?

Spock

Post by Spock » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi David,

I'm afraid I don't. However, I have noticed that the phantom notes seem to appear if I press any of the keyboard's function keys (e.g. a backing track or the metronome). The software needs to be restarted to stop it from appearing.

P.S. Great lessons, I'm really enjoying them. Thank you :)

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Ahh, I see...

If you ever get around to getting another cable, that may permanently fix your issue. That's the solution that's worked for others.

And thanks for the kudos! I'm glad you're enjoying the lessons.

flatoff

Post by flatoff » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 am

I'm having a similar problem. A lot of, maybe all, songs have a "Stray" note right at the beginning of the song or lesson.

My MIDI cable is in pretty good shape so I'm a bit suspicious of that solution. Can anyone confirm this solved their problem personally?

My setup is:

M-Audio Code 61
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
2013 Macbook Pro Retina

I connect The Keyboard to the focusrite via Midi cable and to the mac via USB from the Focusrite