Zoom Notation Macbook Pro

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
dnewman80

Zoom Notation Macbook Pro

Post by dnewman80 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:01 am

Hello,
New to Playground sessions and I apologize if this isn't the proper place to ask. My husband and I just signed up for lifetime members and are loving the experience so far. Well, I should say I am. My husband is having a terrible time seeing the music. We tried an ipad, then moved to the MacBook pro trying to get the screen bigger. We see there is a zoom option with Zoom Notation but when you scroll to enlarge the screen the music runs off the page. It doesn't scroll over to the right while you are playing.

Is there a proper way to enlarge the music so we can see the text? Please help.
Thank you

sw1tch73ch

Re: Zoom Notation Macbook Pro

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi D!

While you wait for the official answer I'll offer the solution I eventually came up with. I was originally going to use a Lenovo Yoga laptop. It has a high resolution 13.3 inch screen. But like you found, the notation on the screen was very tiny. I ended up with a Mac Mini sized windows computer attached physically to my keyboard and run to a very large 34 inch monitor that is on a stand and hangs over the keyboard. 34 inches makes the notes big enough.

That's not going to be the solution for everyone, but I think you can attach an external monitor to the MacBook (through the Thunderbolt port) and that might be the ticket. Or really strong glasses?

Here's my setup. I've rearranged it a bit, but the monitor over the keyboard is pretty much the same. The desk is to the right of the keyboard where the stand for the monitor is attached. It is really a big monitor!
2017-02-01 18-42-58.846.jpg
2017-02-01 18-42-58.846.jpg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 10739 times
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

bstnldy

Re: Zoom Notation Macbook Pro

Post by bstnldy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi, I just signed up and I am having the same issue... I can't sit in the right position I have to lean over to look at my Mac Screen. when I zoom its great but then like the poster said, it does not wrap or follow the music, it just runs off the screen. Any way to wrap the music so brings that part of the music to the next line so I can follow it...?