Scrolling with the mouse wheel

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
kidahl

Scrolling with the mouse wheel

Post by kidahl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:50 pm

I use the scroll-wheel on the mouse a lot, and for some reason scrolling in the notes is very, very slow.

I can scroll a full page in my browser before I have moved one single row down in PGS. I would like this a lot faster. It may make sense on touchpads (I don´t have one to try) but you should aim at scrolling at the same speed as Safari, as most people probably have fine-tuned their scrolling-preference to this on OSX.
I know that in Windows the scrolling speeds are all over the place in different applications so there is really no single correct speed, but on the Mac this quite consistent across applications.

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling with the mouse wheel

Post by seant23 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi again kidahl,

I've added a ticket for this feature. Hopefully we can add this to 1.6's features! Here is the link if you want to monitor progress:

http://jira.playgroundsessions.com:8080/browse/PG-226

Thanks for the suggestion!

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am

to developers team: so the issue with scrolling was reported back in 2014 and still remain, seriously?

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:43 am

I don't want to be trouble maker but will you or will you not modify the speed of scrolling in next revision?

I am also using different software's like Sibelius where there is no scrolling issue.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi Pavel,

I am not trying to beat around the bush as I see this post is from 2014. This is the best answer I can give you:

We are working on a new platform (which is a major update - these things take time) and this issue will most likely be addressed when the new Platform is released.

I am not on the software and development team so I don't know the specifics. Our lead, Ben, has been working on it tirelessly. Email support@playgroundsessions.com if you want more details, and perhaps he can provide them.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:44 pm

since Dec 2018 (Oct 2014), what is the progress?

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 22, 2019 12:59 pm

The forum is not an appropriate place for a question like this. Please email support@playgroundsessions.com if you want an answer from a developer.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com