Ghost Note Inserted in Rookie Staff Notation Course

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
treblechef

Ghost Note Inserted in Rookie Staff Notation Course

Post by treblechef » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:56 pm

This is in regard to the following course:

Reading Music - Staff Notation (Rookie)
Lesson 6, Exercise 13: Practice 4 - Whole, Half Notes (Left Hand)

It’s impossible to achieve 100% on this lesson. The interface inserts a ghost note on the first downbeat of the accompaniment music, as soon as the assessment begins. I reset my MIDI controller and also restarted the app... but it still occurs without me playing a single note. Because of this bug, the highest score a student can acheive is 91%.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Ghost Note Inserted in Rookie Staff Notation Course

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 am

I would email support@playgroundsessions.com for this one. If it is a bug in the software, they will need a ticket in the system for documentation purposes.

On the other hand, I have not seen this particular issue. Perhaps there is something in your setup that needs tweaking. The same support email address is good for that too. It might be some sort of MIDI event that echoes something back to Playground Sessions, or something odd in the cabling.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:55 am

Not seeing this either. Maybe try completely disconnecting the MIDI device and running the lesson to see what happens?

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 pm

If there's a ghost note on the beginning of a lesson, it could be that the Local Control under MIDI settings is turned on.

If your keyboard has this, turn it off.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com