sorting My Songs

Post by pavel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:54 pm

when I switch My Songs into table view, I can sort (asc or desc) based on:
Title
Artist
Level
Last played
and Type

For some silly reason Title nor Artist doesn't work, both Windows and MacOs.
Developers: do you know about this issue? What will you do with it? WHEN will you fix it? What about sorting based on Genre, same as web site. What about $ vs. free? What about Score I achieved? Stars I achieved?

pavel

Re: sorting My Songs

Post by pavel » Wed May 22, 2019 2:04 am

Andrew, you left one question unanswered :( please have a look on this as well.

andrewwegierski

Re: sorting My Songs

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi there,

I checked into this issue and can confirm that the title and artist sort filters are not working correctly on the app. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will bring it up in our next support meeting but my best answer for you now is that this is going to be tackled with the migration to a new platform. As I said earlier, it makes more sense for us to tackle all these small problems by fixing something larger - the platform, rather than fixing things one by one and never addressing the root of the problem. This however takes time.

The developers are not on the forum. But I will bring it up to them. The new platform is aimed for the end of 2019 / early 2020.

To be honest, I don't know what you're referring to with genre. Do you mean that "My Songs" on the app should also have a genre filter, like the website?

There is no reason to sort by $ or free - all songs are $1.99 (and can be purchased for free with free song credits) with the exception of the following: classical compositions and public domain music (traditional songs). Those are free.

I don't know about the possibility of sorting by score and stars, because those are individual statistics to each song. Those do not describe the song itself, which is what the search boundaries / fields are for.

You can see a condensed listing of songs with their appropriate scores under the progress section of my Playground.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com