Prevent screen from sleeping

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
sw1tch73ch

Re: Prevent screen from sleeping

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 pm

I think of it less as a bug as a lack of a feature. Basically you're asking Playground Sessions to override the Windows System settings for power management. I think it is a valuable feature we should have - but a bug is a function that was intended not working, and I don't think Playground Sessions intended that.

On the other hand, the issue of missed notes markings not representing the actual wrong note played probably is a bug.

OH, yeah - My solution was to go into my Windows Power Management and tell it to never go to sleep while attached the AC power. On battery I still let it sleep.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Re: Prevent screen from sleeping

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 1:38 pm

I really don't think this is anything to do with the Playground Sessions software.

For example, when I am on Sibelius listening to a score, my monitor will go to sleep after 5 minutes if I don't move my mouse or touch the keyboard. But the audio is still playing.

I don't even think this is a "problem" with Windows, it's just how it's set up. If you really don't want it to sleep, then turn the sleep mode off.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com