Prevent screen from sleeping

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
kidahl

Prevent screen from sleeping

Post by kidahl » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 am

This is admittedly a small request, but I have on several occasions had my screen go to sleep while playing a section repeatedly using only the keyboard.
My computer is set up for display sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity, It seems that MIDI activity does not register when it comes to display sleep.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Prevent screen from sleeping

Post by davidsides » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Great suggestion! I just forwarded your request to our Head of Technology and he said we'll work on including a solution for this in the next version.

dubois_david

Post by dubois_david » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Thanks a lot … It'll be very useful.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:21 pm

No problem.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 am

Dear David, two years in this is still an issue unfortunately.

Playing with PGS for a couple of days (large part of the rookie tour plus one song) I've found quite a number of issues, most of which are discussed in the forum with a fix promised but without a time frame, and without resolution to date. Although I really like the teaching method this apparent lack of a material follow-up to user requests does make me question whether purchasing that lifetime sub was a good idea I'm sad to say.

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi Laurensss,

The dev team has been a single developer for a couple years now. Over the last couple months we have been growing out the team and we will be able to jump into more of these usability issues. Unfortunately issues like haven't made it up the priority chain because there has been much larger projects that we have been focused on. I can tell you that we are planning a refresh of our low level system library in the next week or two. There is a chance this usability improvement could be included, but no guarantees.

I also can assure you that if you look at Playground compared to any of the other platforms we have made much larger strides in all directions while still keeping support for old platforms available. I am a firm believe that our lifetime subscriptions are an absolute amazing deal, not only from a tech point but also from the content that the music team is creating and will continue to create over the years.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:54 am

Hi Sean, thanks for the answer! That's an impressive bit of work for one developer, looking forward to seeing the pace pick up nonetheless :)

pavel

Post by pavel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:00 am

Since Oct 2014, what is the progress ? Issue with sleep is still valid.

Chipotle

Post by Chipotle » Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 am

Not sure if this helps but I use an app call Owly, it keeps your Mac awake for how ever long you set it.

pavel

Post by pavel » Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm

eventually I ended up with app called Amphetamine (such a strange name), but it is a solution I was looking for? PGS Software bug solved by third company software.