nycmike

Re: iPad version?

Post by nycmike » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Should that have said next month? :)

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Sorry, we are very close. Should be able to download Playground from the app store very soon...

Beertell

Post by Beertell » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

First off, I must say that I love your application on my MAC. I hope the version on the iPad will live up to the desktop app. Will there be a midi to lightening connector that needs to be purchased?

I have been watching the chatter on the forums about the iPad app for some months now. I must say, I have only seen more broken promises after a presidential election. Either give a release date or say nothing at all. A closed mouth gathers no feet. Telling people it will be soon for close to a half year will give people little faith in anything you promise in the future. Just my two cents.

I look forward to the release of the app and truly hope it will be soon!

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi Beertell,

You will need a midi adapter unless you have a wireless midi keyboard.

We have gone through many internal revisions of the app. We use a group of customers in our beta testing program and each revision we take notes and make adjustments. Obviously we don't want to just take the desktop app and just stick it on a tablet and say we're done. We battle many little obsticles along the way like screen sizes being much smaller, using fingers instead of a mouse, performance (most tablets aren't powerful compared to desktops), and even random struggles like app store approval and delays caused by getting legal approval from apple because of our song rights.

Our last revision we found that we absolutely needed a on screen keyboard to help users find the correct keys to play, we had previously opted away from an on screen as it takes up valuable real estate, but found it made learning practically impossible. So we are added in one now and it should hopefully be ready soon.

Beertell

Post by Beertell » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your response and your transparency. I appreciate the polish that you are putting into this product, and I am glad that so much effort is being expended to make it the best it can be.

I found this https://www.amazon.com/iConnectMIDI1-Li ... B00MRFG3WU on Amazon. Would it work for a midi adapter, or will you have a specific recommendation?

I shall exercise patience in the mean time. :)

Thank you,
Ian

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi All,

Version 1.0 is now in review at Apple. Once they approve it (which is expected), it will go live around the world within 24 hours. We will post on Facebook and Twitter when it goes live.

Also, I've added a new forum called iPad that you can post any bugs, feature requests, etc.

Have a great day!

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi Guys,

The app is now available on the app store. Currently it will allow you to access your songs and some trial content (even for non-subscribers). We are adding in the bootcamps over the next few days.