missed notes

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
davawt

missed notes

Post by davawt » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:04 am

Hi there
I am having a problem with my Apple Macbook Pro 2012 plus a Yamaha NP11 keyboard and a Yamaha UX16 midi to USB interface cable.
It some times shows notes I did not hit, they appear sometimes even though I dont go near where the notes show.
And when a music peice calls for a prolonged hold like 4 bars it sometimes shows that I have lifted off when I know I have not.
I have looked at the Latency area and sample rate but I dont know what to do there so leave it alone, does anyone know what the settings are meant to be?
The real puzzle is it aint all the time just enough to iritate and spoil a good sesson specially when it happens over and over again.
Hope someone can help its driving me nuts.
I have never had this with other software lesson programs.
bye,
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

seant23
Site Admin

Re: missed notes

Post by seant23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:48 am

Hi Dave,

These are always pink notes?

davawt

Post by davawt » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi Sean
Yes the ( Ghost ) notes as I call them they are pink, they just appear sometimes. Often once they start to appear they keep coming back each time.
But the notes that show as un-held notes across several bars are red. I am sure I held them for the full count. Start green but after the first bar they turn red for the rest of the bars that are to be held.
bye,
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks for the info, we are working on fix for both these now. Hoping we can push the fixes soon, sorry for the annoyance though, expect a fix very soon!

davawt

Post by davawt » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks Sean,
I was also wondering if I got a USB to host type keyboard rather than the midi to usb I have right now.
I only ask as the keyboard shows as the interface (yamaha ux16 interface) not my real keyboard yamaha NP11.
Just a thought, thanks again for all your help.
bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:11 pm

Hey Dave,

There is no real difference in usb or midi connected keyboards on our end. I personally prefer the usb keyboard controllers (without speakers), as they are powered by the USB as well. So you just have one cord. But really the way they connect and interact with Playground is all they same.

davawt

Post by davawt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Missed notes,
I have been looking around this forum and have noticed the issue with (tied/sustained notes not always being picked up) has been going wrong since Oct 2014.
Promises of an update Version 2 ? still not fixed yet June 2015. This for me and many other users is the big problem of this software.
I have just started to learn to play with two hands and found the problem still is here, (even worse) and very very frustrating - how about less updated versions and more of someone taking action and solving this problem never mind the fancy front end for version 2, I do like version 2 but not if the same old problem is still there.
How can I learn to play with two hands when the software keeps dropping tied notes and putting ghost notes in, leaves me to wonder about this software and the time it takes to fix problems.
8 months and still no fix, it's no good telling us to hang in there that's a long time and a lot of wasted time keep trying over and over waiting for the next dropped (held note) then begin all over again, thats very very frustrating, if you can't fix the fault then stop selling the program. I have asked if maybe the keyboard I am using is at fault but no that seems to be alright, so it's the program still not fixed after 8 months it ain't a glitch its a big bug that needs fixing now not another 8 months away.
Very very frustrated user, I am now only going to use this software when you tell me you have fixed the bugs, you have my email let me know, you have the rest of my life to get in touch as I have registered for life membership
bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Hey Dave,

Sorry for the frustration. Please check back soon for an update, this is a big priority for us, and is taking us longer than we hoped to track it down. Because it's an inconsistent issue, it forces us to create gigantic logs of user's playback data to figure out where the issue is coming from. We are still hoping to get it soon. It's a very complex issue, but hoping to get you some good news soon!

davawt

Post by davawt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:14 pm

I think I have found a quick fix for this bug,
Play the treble note a split second after the bass note, but it is hard to do as getting it right puts me off the tune I am trying to play.
But maybe the bug fixes can find a proper fix from this info, have tried this several times and appears to work.
bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

dawson1331

Post by dawson1331 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:48 am

Please fix the sustain/tied notes bug! It happens to me every night on every song with treble and bass clef notes! I too am very frustrated.