Interrupted downloads

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
TomaszSz

Interrupted downloads

Post by TomaszSz » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Here's a tricky one - I have very slow and unstable Internet link (satellite connection) and when I'm downloading a bootcamp lesson and connection breaks, that lesson remains with badge "Queued" and there is no way to re-download it. Restarting application makes no difference. It only affects the lesson that was actively downloading when connection was interrupted. Is there any way to rest the status of those lessons (I have now two frozen like this...)?
My hardware is rMBP with Yosemite (all up to date) with Yamaha P-105 connected via USB.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Tom-

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Interrupted downloads

Post by seant23 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi Tom,

You actually can go to Edit -> Manage Lessons, but currently we have a small glitch that causes the cancel/uninstall button to not work. We have a new version with a fix coming soon, but for now, just open Help -> Clear Playground Data, and select the Clear Lesson Data option. It will keep all your lesson files, just clears out the cache, and will let you redownload the bad lessons. Be aware, that all lessons will look like they need to be downloaded, but don't be alarmed by this, when you click to re-download them, you will notice it goes very quickly, because it will recognize that the files have already been downloaded.

Hope this helps!

TomaszSz

Post by TomaszSz » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:35 pm

Thanks a lot! It seems to be working (although it does feel like I'm re-downloading some of the lessons...)

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 am

Ya, it actually does an integrity check of the files it finds on your system, which does take a little time, it will only re-download files that don't pass the integrity check.