Use IPad rather than Computer

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Mac
Steve G

Use IPad rather than Computer

Post by Steve G » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:44 am

I am using a Yamaha P115 and can MIDI connect with my Mac Book. However, it would be great if I could use an IPad which would allow me to put the IPad on the Piano stand (as if it were sheet music. So, two questions.... Can I put Playground on an IPad and can the IPad MIDI connect to the Yamaha P115?

Thanks
(New user, less than a week... teaching myself piano from scratch)

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Use IPad rather than Computer

Post by davidsides » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:16 am

I'm glad you mentioned this. We're actually in the process now of finalizing our iPad version. It will hopefully be available within the next couple of months! Keep an eye out for an announcement of its launch.

Miles

Post by Miles » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:44 am

I'm also using the Yamaha p115. It would be great to be able to hear app audio inside my headphones or played back on the piano speakers rather than the iPad itself. Is this an option?

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:44 pm

I don't see anywhere in the specs for the P-115 that the audio from the computer can be played through the P-115. You need an instrument that will take either an AUX In audio connection, or allow digital audio playback from the computer. One of the feature requests we users have made is for the backing tracks to be played via MIDI. This still wouldn't pass the audio from the Video lessons to play through our MIDI keyboards, though.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --