Unable to purchase song

General user help for Playground Session accounts.
kidahl

Unable to purchase song

Post by kidahl » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:45 am

When submitting the order for "Canon Intermediate" i get the following error: "An error occurred processing the playment. Please try again or use different."
I have retried several times.

This is on OS X Yosemite.

kidahl

Re: Unable to purchase song

Post by kidahl » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:54 am

FYI, I recently reinstalled PGS after a clean OS install. It may be that my billing information was lost in the progress and just needs an update. I cannot remember if I have made any successful purchases after this.

But: I tried updating my Billing & Payment options and get an error message thet the PGS certificate is invalid. Examining the certificate shows that it expired Wednesday 23.july. This may be related to the issue above, maybe Yosemite as more strict with certificates. Anyway, this cert should definitively be valid.

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:06 am

Hey Karl,
PGS certificate is invalid.
Could you attach a screen shot of this error? :?
When submitting the order for "Canon Intermediate" i get the following error: "An error occurred processing the playment. Please try again or use different."
I have retried several times.
I'm guessing this cert issue is messing things up. For now, you can order songs via the website song store. After purchased, they should show up the next time you login to the app, or by going to Edit -> Check for lesson updates.
It may be that my billing information was lost in the progress and just needs an update.
We don't save any billing information on your computer or in any of our systems. When you add a credit card to the system, it get's sent to our payment processor and they send us back a unique billing profile id #, which we use for future transactions. Makes things very secure.

Thanks!

kidahl

Post by kidahl » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:48 am

See the attachments with comments.
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2014-10-19 kl. 08.46.18.png
Cert error when I want to update my payment info
Skjermbilde 2014-10-19 kl. 08.46.18.png (179.86 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
Skjermbilde 2014-10-19 kl. 08.45.24.png
Error message when I confirm the purchase order
Skjermbilde 2014-10-19 kl. 08.45.24.png (113.5 KiB) Viewed 4706 times

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:23 am

I found out this was related to our load balancer, it was delivering our SSL cert, I reconfigured it, and it should be good now. Let me know how it goes, and thanks again for reporting this! I'm going to email you a couple promo codes for some free songs.

Thanks!

kidahl

Post by kidahl » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:22 am

Updating my payment details does no longer show the cert error, so this has been resolved.

However, I am not able to pay with my card anymore. Both from the webshop and the integrated shop.

If I submit an updated payment method (with the same card) I get the following error in the webshop:
"Security - Error: Error Message: This transaction has been declined. E00027"

From the integrated shop:
"This transaction has been declined. Please contact your credit card provider for further assistance."

I have logged in to my Mastercard page and there is no indication of problems on my side.
I will contact MC customer support tomorrow, byt you might want to have a look at it.

Changing to my VISA card went well, but I get the message that the use of the promo code for this weekend (NEWSONGS10_16) has been used up. Interesting, as I have not been able to complete any purchases yet (it´s no big deal for me, but you might want to have a look at that as well)

Restarting PGS and purchasing the song without promo code with my newly registered VISA fails in the same way as my Mastercard ("An error occurred processing the payment, Please try again or use different."

Looks like I´m stuck :roll:

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am

I will contact MC customer support tomorrow
I definitely would be interested in what they say. On our end, it just shows "Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason." for all the failed transactions. I wish we got more details than that, but that's all our credit card processor gives..
I get the message that the use of the promo code for this weekend (NEWSONGS10_16) has been used up.
Ah, I think I know the cause of this issue, I'll work on a fix for it.

kidahl

Post by kidahl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I just called my VISA provider and they could only see a minimal successful transaction probably used to verify the card when I registered it.

I logged in to the webshop and see that my MasterCard one again is selected as "Default Payment Method".
Note that I added the VISA method through the PGS interface, not the webshop. Since this interface does not give me any choice, I would expect the method to be the default for subsequent purchases.

I changed default to the VISA in the webshop, and immediately after made a successful purchase in the webshop.

I then attempted a purchase from PGS, but this failed again. Logging back into the webshop, I can now see that my MC is again the default payment method.

Inspired by this, I deleted my MC payment method so that VISA was the only alternative and I could then make a successful purchase from PGS.

=> While I do not know why my MC has issues (I haven't been able to call them yet), it seems that PGS may have trouble with using the default method when several payment methods are registered. The good news is that I can now make purchases again :)

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Thanks for the update. I'll try and figure out the default payment issue this week!