Putting notes/comments on sheet music

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
SSC-Piano

Putting notes/comments on sheet music

Post by SSC-Piano » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:34 am

As an example I am working on Lean on Me (rookie). I would like to insert a typed reminder directly on the sheet music where a hand position change occurs. Is this possible?

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: Putting notes/comments on sheet music

Post by thomas1018 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:54 am

Right now, this is not possible for users. I will run it by the head of technology to see if it is something we can implement in the future. I completely understand why you would want to do it! The only sheet music text in the program appears in the Bootcamp. These lessons are formatted specifically to incorporate instructional text. Songs purchased from the Song Store do not contain text in the sheet music.

SSC-Piano

Post by SSC-Piano » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 am

Great! It would be text I want to add to the sheet music for songs I purchase. I can add notes/ comments on sheet music that I create in my notation software. That information may help the tech department.

StevieRay

Post by StevieRay » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 pm

I’m having the exact same issue on the very same song.
Would love to see another Icon added for Hand Positions like they have for Notes and Finger Numbers. Or any combination. As a beginner I would like to see hand position (and changes), Notes and Finger Numbers included in all bootcamp lessons. And eventually I would turn them off assuming I will learn to read the music without these additional aids.

But I would also like to see the ability for a User to markup his own scores that have been purchased. This would allow any user to make notes anywhere on the score. Like a yellow sticky in a PDF file.

LTChance

Post by LTChance » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Some of the bootcamp lessons have BOLDED numberings to indicate when hands should change positions. That would be helpful in the rookie songs as well. For Lean on Me, I just had to mess it up enough times to remember when they were coming.

Facing

Post by Facing » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am

Since the program already uses different colours to alert the user to wrong or close notes, I would like to see the numbering utilize a different colour in addition to bolding when a reach or position change is required. I think that might stand out better than bolding an individual number in the same colour.

1 2 2 3 5 4 3 5 1 2 1 1 2 vs 1 2 2 3 5 4 3 5 1 2 1 1 2

ds;

Post by ds; » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:31 pm

Facing wrote:Since the program already uses different colours to alert the user to wrong or close notes, I would like to see the numbering utilize a different colour in addition to bolding when a reach or position change is required. I think that might stand out better than bolding an individual number in the same colour.

1 2 2 3 5 4 3 5 1 2 1 1 2 vs 1 2 2 3 5 4 3 5 1 2 1 1 2
+1!

newbie613

Post by newbie613 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:13 pm

StevieRay wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 pm
I’m having the exact same issue on the very same song.
Would love to see another Icon added for Hand Positions like they have for Notes and Finger Numbers. Or any combination. As a beginner I would like to see hand position (and changes), Notes and Finger Numbers included in all bootcamp lessons. And eventually I would turn them off assuming I will learn to read the music without these additional aids.

But I would also like to see the ability for a User to markup his own scores that have been purchased. This would allow any user to make notes anywhere on the score. Like a yellow sticky in a PDF file.
Yes!! Please!