wrong fingering denotations or...?

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
MARVINNYC

wrong fingering denotations or...?

Post by MARVINNYC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi,

I just bought the following three rookie songs:

Sam Smith - Stay With Me
John Legend - All Of Me
The Fray - How To Save A Life (Video Tutorial incl.)

I noticed that with every song I sooner or later run into sections where the fingering numbers appear to be off. I was just wondering whether there is a mistake in the music sheet or whether the mistake is simply coming from me as it might be requested to change the hand positioning. One example is the Verse 1 (RH) in Stay With Me. It ends with 1,2,4 on the sheet but it has to to be 1,3,5. I run into similar issues in Verse 2 and Chorus 1&2.
Same thing with the song All Of Me and Verse 1, Prechorus, etc. :|

Could you please play all the three songs through as stated on the music sheets and let me know whether there indeed appear to be mistakes in regards to the fingering numbers in the songs or is the mistake coming from my side and do I "simply" need to change hand positions ;) If that's the case, I am sure having a though time to determine as to when to switch hand positioning just yet and I guess I have to be more patient to be able to play the songs...

Anyway, thanks for taking a look and for letting me know.

marvin

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: wrong fingering denotations or...?

Post by thomas1018 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:46 am

Hi Marvin,

There are no fingering errors in these pieces. For example, in Stay With Me Verse 1, the 1,2,4 fingering leads into Chorus 1. The first note you play in Chorus 1 is an A with your pinky. This will be more clear when you play the full song.