Error in Ode to Joy (intermediate)

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
tandeitnik

Error in Ode to Joy (intermediate)

Post by tandeitnik » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:28 pm

hi,

there's an error in section 4, left hand, of Ode to Joy intermediate. The first half of the left hand does not correspond to the measures in the FULL SONG section, it was quite a shock when I tried to play the full song for the first try, I was lost when I got to measure 65 for the left hand. You need to fix Section 4 left hand and Section 4 both hands.

There's alsso another small error in Section 2 left hand in the measures 27 and 28, it does not correspond either to yhe measures in the full song. You need to fix section 2 left hand and both hands.

Thanks,

Daniel.

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: Error in Ode to Joy (intermediate)

Post by thomas1018 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi Daniel,

I updated the Full Song segment to reflect the notation in Section 2 and Section 4. If you click on the album art, you should be prompted with an updated version. If that doesn't work, go to Edit -> Manage My Lessons. Find Ode To Joy, then uninstall, then install again.

Thomas

tandeitnik

Post by tandeitnik » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:40 pm

NO!!! The Full Song was fine, the sections worked really nicely with the andamento of the piece! I asked to change the sections, not the Full Song! It was better the way it was :| :| :|

Please, change back the Full Song to the original form!

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:21 am

This was an error on our end. When I updated the song, there was no saved version in our system that reflected the Full Song which was uploaded. I was under the impression that you wanted the Full Song changed. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

tandeitnik

Post by tandeitnik » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Ok, but can you change back the Full Song to the original version? It was way better!

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:53 am

I can't change it back because it was not saved. I searched through our catalog, and could only find the version that I uploaded when I first responded to your request. Some songs go through drastic changes during the arranging process. There could be multiple versions until we decide on the best one. The unused versions are always saved for reference. In other instances, songs only have one version saved on file because the changes tend to be less important.

I apologize again because there is nothing I can do!

tandeitnik

Post by tandeitnik » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:37 am

Ah, that's a shame.. fortunetly I know by heart the original form of the full song. I will try to write it down using the MuseScore software. If you guys are interested I can share with you when it's done. I really think that it was a lot better than the current form.

tandeitnik

Post by tandeitnik » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Hey Thomas,

I replicated the original score, I attached it to this reply. I'm 99% sure it was like that, fortunely I had time to learn it before you changed.
Attachments
Ode_to_Joy.pdf
(54.8 KiB) Downloaded 389 times