No real sheet music? Just arrangements?

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
fabi

No real sheet music? Just arrangements?

Post by fabi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 am

Hello,

I am still a newbie to this app, bought the lifetime membership and I like it a lot for the moment. To test it fully, I am doing all the lessons, without skipping anything, but it's a bit slower than I'd wish.

Today, though, in an attempt to see what expects me along the way, I purchased Fur Elise advanced hard (it's a song I know how to play and have fully memorised) and to my surprise, it's so different from the original version!!!

Is this the same for all other pieces? I'm interested especially in the classical music. I wouldn't pay to get someone's arrangement of a certain piece, I'd rather have it as the composer intended it.

Anyway, I think if the sheet is different from the original version, if it's an arrangement, you should specify it in the song title / description.

Thanks and congratulations on your work!

seant23
Site Admin

Re: No real sheet music? Just arrangements?

Post by seant23 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Hey Fabi,

I know the music team is planning on adding in originals. We just added in back end support for this for labeling/searching. So keep an eye out. Is there any one specific you'd like to see?

XImpalerX

Post by XImpalerX » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:45 pm

I don't believe original scores should have to be requested, they should be standard or an option to choose between the original or two finger mode.

pavel

Post by pavel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:33 pm

any progress from Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:30 pm?