Uploading sheet music

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
sbmica

Uploading sheet music

Post by sbmica » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:49 pm

It would be nice if I could upload non-Playground interactive sheet music to my account. Are there any plans for that?

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Uploading sheet music

Post by seant23 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 am

This is one of our big goals for 2017. It will probably happen piece by piece. It will also almost definitely be a subscriber-only feature. But we are still ironing out the details.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:49 am

Since there might be copyright issues on uploading songs to the cloud, we might also want a way to add content locally. I have a lot of sheet music books of various artists and genres that I will to create personal lessons for myself from.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 am

I use Musescore to create sheet music that can be run on the computer. It's easy, after a bit of practice, and it's FREE. You can follow along the music with your keyboard. Obviously, it doesn't score your work like Playground, but I find it easier to learn a new non-playground song in this manner than out of the fakebook. Even better, you can change the music, for example I remove the left hand chords at first and just use a one finger baseline. I might also simplify the melody or the left hand, and it's nice not having distracting notes in the way. Plus it's very helpful to learn music theory, even if you are just putting an existing song to paper (in this case, computer).

Obviously Playground has copyright issues to overcome, whereas the individual doesn't.

I don't know what the plans are with Playground, but I for one would definitely pay a set fee to be able to input my own songs, scales, practice session, etc, into Playground so it could be scored. Individually, or by month, or year...whatever. Count me in.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:29 am

Those are good ideas, Russ. I have MuseScore, as well as Cakewalk Sonar, and an older light version of CuBase (came with my MX49). I'm good for creating a MIDI file from sheet music. But I really like the way we can set up sections of the score in Playground Sessions to concentrate on. It wouldn't be quite the same as having several steps in the lesson to build up to the full score, but the Select Measures and Tempo plus scoring (that's key, since I don't want to THINK I got the right note or timing, I want to KNOW I did) would be really useful.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Agree on all accounts. I also tried Midiillustrator because of the "step through" feature, thinking I could input my music and then practice with the step through, but it was klunky and I didn't get along with it. Playground is the best out there, hands down. If they do put in an "input your own" feature, I'll do handsprings all the way over to my piano. I buy loads and loads of sheet music, and I'd love to give my money to Playground for the privilege of using their software to help me improve on any song I've purchased.

I've not heard of cakewalk sonar, I'll have to go look at its features.

toolsche

Post by toolsche » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Any progress? I thought it has been a big goal for 2017?

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi there,

I would be happy to answer that question over email. Please send me a message at support@playgroundsessions.com

We can provide more details then.

Thanks!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com