Lean On Me chorus sounds wrong

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
zjg

Lean On Me chorus sounds wrong

Post by zjg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:45 pm

I am a brand new user of Playground Sessions, so not sure how exactly the various song arrangements sound, but I have a question about the rookie version of Lean On Me -- is the first chorus in this version correct? It sounds very different from the original song, so much so that it sounds like it's from an entirely different song. It makes it a little difficult to play because it's so unfamiliar.

I understand this is an arrangement made for beginner level players, but I want to verify that this is the intended arrangement and that there are no errors. Are other songs on Playground Sessions this far off from the original versions? I think Playground Sessions is app so far, but I just want to make sure there are accurate versions of the songs to learn.

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: Lean On Me chorus sounds wrong

Post by thomas1018 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:57 pm

All of our Rookie arrangements are reduced versions of the original songs. We take out tricky syncopations and change the key when it is appropriate. The Lean on Me arrangement is correct.

Our Intermediate and Advanced arrangements are almost exactly like the original. We might change the key or slightly reduce the melody for the Intermediate level if we think it is necessary.