Last 3 chords of Chopin's Prelude in E Minor Advanced, WOW!, help me?

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
tandeitnik

Last 3 chords of Chopin's Prelude in E Minor Advanced, WOW!, help me?

Post by tandeitnik » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi guys,

Currently I'm finishing learning Chopin's Prelude in E Minor, the Advanced version and I've already mastered the Intermediate. The advanced version is not that different from the intermediate one, but there are 3 chords, made by the right hand, at the end of the song that are driving me nuts! Here's a picture of them, remembering that they are ment to be played by the right hand:

They sound great but are really hard and painfull to do! I'm trying without sucess to find a comftable position to play them, but every position my hand is twisted in a painfull way and I can't press some of the notes right and other not wanted notes get pressed (by my ring finger). I realised that it's way easier to make the chord with my left hand, so I thoung that maybe I have to invert the hands and play these chords with my left hand and the left part with my right hand, but that way it's impossible to, since the left hand is almost impossible to play with my right hand.

So, I really don't know how to proced. I feel that if I try to just play the chords how they are I'll hurt my right hand (I'm already feeling pain because of this). My solution was to drop a note and get on with it. I tested droping the lower note and the highest and decided to drop the lowest E since the left hand is already playing very low keys, so a higher pitched note sounds nicer in the context.

Anyone have any suggestions? Do you play chords like these monsters with you right hand regularly?