Benny and the jets, Advanced - IS FAKE

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
Keytone

Re: Benny and the jets, Advanced - IS FAKE

Post by Keytone » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi Andrew,

Can you please reconsider using the compositions as written for well-known classical pieces using the Advanced-Hard level (rather than awaiting the creation of a new Expert mode)? This is the sole problem I have with playground sessions, which I otherwise love, and it is the only thing that prevents me from recommending it without reservation to my friends. You see, I was motivated to learn piano after hearing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Even though I'm a Rookie, I am now learning the actual composition -- but I have to do it outside of playground sessions, making it much more difficult. I thought your Advanced-Rookie version would be the actual arrangement, but alas I was wrong.

So, here are some points I would ask you to consider:
1). Your students are awesome and motivated. Somebody at the Advanced-Hard level *should* be able to play the composition as written for many of the public domain classical pieces, and it's something well worth their striving to accomplish.
2) I am not motivated to study Advanced-Hard classical songs if they fall short of the original. It's not that your arrangements are "fake" (I can see how that was considered offensive), but you will agree that they are simplified and therefore lesser versions of the song. To use my example, I am quite sure you were not trying to improve upon Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, I get it, but you have to agree the end result is not nearly as beautiful -- and would be recognized as less beautiful to everyone who hears it -- including the practicing student, which is demotivating. This last point is critical.
3) It seems like a better use of your team's time to use the public domain arrangements. We still desperately need your help on hand position and finger placement, and the platform's incredible help to test our playing and to change tempos.

If you're willing to give it a try, please please use Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata as a test. Thanks very much for considering.

Henrik Stromberg

Re: Benny and the jets, Advanced - IS FAKE

Post by Henrik Stromberg » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:48 am

pavel wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:11 am
good morning to all, I am playing my first Advanced song and do not understand why it is not exactly how Sir Elton John composed. I can understand for Intermediate (or Rookie) it must be modified, or simplified if you will. But for Advanced? You know what? I will call it a fake song. Or do you plan to have fourth level, kinda expert/original where you can offer real original songs?

similar question here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17056
or here from 2017:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11728
or here
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16927

Why do I have a feeling it is not about "arrangement rubric" but about money or licencing? Since the very first day I was looking for that one day I will play a full real song. It took me 8 months to try first Advance song. And now I am very disappointed. If its not the real/original then must be fake. When I bought life licence nobody mentioned that library do not content full real song but rather modified.

Forum is not a place where to report bugs in the software, fine.
Forum is not a place where I can get software support, fine.
Do I regret my money? Ehmm, fifty fifty.
Will I continue using PGS? I will.
Will I report any other bug? No, I will not.
Will I try to finish Benny and the jets? Sure I will.
Did I buy another software? Oh yea, I did.
Would I recommend PGS to anybody else? Friend of mine already asked me which sw to buy. You might guess my answer.
It is not about arrangement because according to their scores (https://musescore.com/sheetmusic?text=B ... the%20jets) there is no problem!