Why a lack of new content - is this the end?

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
Westman77

Re: Why a lack of new content - is this the end?

Post by Westman77 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:27 am

At least in the song request form there was a song updated with rights reservered 18 days ago.
so "someone" is doing "something" at least :D

No idea if that means anything since there are songs with rights reserved for months in there.

i´m also pretty new here and hope it does not die.
i like pgs and it helped me alot so far with the start.
Bloody Beginner - Kawai CA-58

emptynoise

Post by emptynoise » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:40 pm

I'm relatively new, but if the forums are any indicator the hanon course was just released in March and there have been song releases the past few weeks. Calling it the end is a bit alarmist.

I would like to see more jazz (contemporary too!) and classical, but I don't mind pop music and it probably gets in a good chunk of revenue. Moreover it's kind of hard to judge the size of the paying userbase since there aren't many reasons to say, go on the forums or watch their youtube channel if you already have a subscription. If there wasn't a large enough crowd interested in/purchasing those songs PGS probably wouldn't bother going through the effort of licensing them when they could have been selling their own adaptations of public domain material.

As for rumors and stuff, I've seen mentions of a supposed v2 client that was in the works along with discussion of a possible increased difficulty level so if that sort of thing was true, my guess would be that the staff are probably stretched a bit thin. Even if they were on the verge I'd be surprised if that really meant the end. The existing content is still really good for what it is. There just aren't many ways to teach yourself how to play, and finding stuff to play is hard enough that just having PGS arranges exist is a bit of a godsend to new pianists. Unless there were some major backend issues I'd be a bit weird if the subs/sales of existing content weren't enough to keep the lights on. If I were going to be alarmist over something it would be things like songs getting pulled due to licensing or staff completely disappearing for an extended period of time.

OCZen

Post by OCZen » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:20 am

I agree with everyone in this thread. I purchased a lifetime membership a year ago, and certainly had higher expectations. Most arrangements are lame, hammering on single note melodies. While OK to offer dumbed down classical pieces, they should offer the original as well. Most months when I go to pick my 5 free songs, I sort by new items, listen to them, then don't choose anything.. If the PGS folks are reading this forum, they should check out FlowKey to see examples of quality content. If there could be a mash-up of the PGS sheet music view and the Flowkey content plus 'play wait' mode, it would be awesome.

Beauknowsdiddly

Post by Beauknowsdiddly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:43 am

I couldn't agree more with everything said here!
One sure red flag to me is that not one of the PGS staff have replied to this post to reassure their Customers. Wth?
I'm a lifetime member as well. Love PGS for the courses, bootcamp and tunes! It's really been a lot of fun!
I've never even touched a piano before I joined a couple years ago and have really learned a lot.

But to neglect us here on the PGS Forums is just not acceptable. I don't do FB because I value my privacy more than most
and the forums should be just as important! Apparently if you're not a FB fan you don't rate anymore! Bunch of bs

I have seen SOME new stuff. Riders on the Storm what just added recently. I was excited to see that.

But I'm with every other post on the classical as well! TEACH US SOME PIANO PLEASE!!

PS and fix the login deal will ya? I had to relog in 3 times to submit this post. It's like if you don't finish a post within a couple minutes you have to re-enter your password to submit. Ridiculous!
Thank You!

Beau
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Dual Core 3.5GHz, 8Gbs RAM
Yamaha YPG-535, Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen. Level 80

GilbertPromi

-

Post by GilbertPromi » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:20 pm

This remarkable phrase is necessary just by the way
Create