Why a lack of new content - is this the end?

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
david

Why a lack of new content - is this the end?

Post by david » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:41 pm

We've had no new content over the last 5 weeks as far as I can see. Is there a reason? Is playground dying?

lucidmusicinc

Re: Why a lack of new content - is this the end?

Post by lucidmusicinc » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:10 am

Playground isn't dying... Lots of content has been recently updated. I'm not too thrilled personally about the selection of new songs getting posted in the store but I've got so many of the free classical pieces to keep me going for awhile. I'll throw my two cents in here that Playground needs to stop catering to the current year pop music hits... entirely derivative and forgettable fluff, and some of it is plainly offensive. Please keep it classy and give us music made by and for piano players.

david

Post by david » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:28 am

There might have been updates(?) but what's happened to the weekly new song releases? We haven't had any since Christmas, or am I missing something?

lucidmusicinc

Post by lucidmusicinc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:03 am

I in no way represent Playground... but there have been songs added since Christmas. Remember that they need to licence songs from the publishers and then transcribe the notes and break up the songs into little lessons. Factor in the timing of the holidays and you can understand why things are slowing down. On the other hand they just put out a 30 day social media challenge and the YouTube channel is highly active as well.. GO PHIL! :D

TBH the website here needs more love though. For example, the Youtube posts ought to go into the blog here.

david

Post by david » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:31 pm

I don't think there have been new songs since christmas - the purple rain / santa clause is coming to town stuff was around christmas right, or am I losing my mind? There's always been weekly releases as far as I'm aware, but in 2020 there hasnt been anything. That says something to me.

ivand66

Post by ivand66 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Enough of the silly pop songs. More classical! More diversity with the classical songs too. And granted, I like rock songs and some pop songs in piano but I feel classical is the cornerstone of learning piano and I know most teachers would agree with me on that.

Also, enough dumbing down the songs!! :roll: I downloaded Moonlight Sonata 1st movement and it's clearly dumbed down when I looked at the original sheet music. Come on now!!!!

lworrel

Add more rookie nursery rhymes for little kids!

Post by lworrel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 pm

I have two young daughters age 4 and 5 that I'm teaching piano, or at least trying to with the help of this tool. They know nursery rhymes but there are barely any on this site. Twinkle, little ducks, that's pretty much it. Not even Mary had a little lamb, or Hot Cross buns, any of the child classics. Please add more rookie nursery rhymes for the young children!

Gavala

Post by Gavala » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:15 am

I can only agree regarding some of the modern songs and not forgetting those like Lworrel who have children.

I'm learning quickly that PGS is headed by people blinded by introducing modern content and not considering their current client base and the wider audience.

This is why I'm glad to have only purchased a yearly subscription. What songs that are available will suit me personally but I'm already aware that the butterfly business plan of PGS will become too distracting and in return a detriment to my learning.

Mike83

Post by Mike83 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:53 am

hi all

just joined this week, i bought lifetime package

question, do you think due to no new content that this is going to end ?

Thanks and hope youre all safe and well

Mike

Mike83

Post by Mike83 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:55 am

hi all

just joined this week, i bought lifetime package

question, do you think due to no new content that this is going to end ?

Thanks and hope youre all safe and well

Mike