She Will Be Loved Rookie - Hard Fingering Question

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
ConnerJ

She Will Be Loved Rookie - Hard Fingering Question

Post by ConnerJ » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi, I am learning the Rookie - Hard arrangement of She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 and may have found a fingering error or possibly just a fingering that I don't understand the point of.

In measure 47 and 48 of this arrangement you are told to play an Ab in the treble clef using fingerr 2. The use of finger 2 seems unecessary for this note as 3 wants to rest on Ab naturally and 2 is already being used for Bb. I am using the following hand position:
5 - Eb
4 - F
3 - Ab
2 - Bb
1 - C

After this little left hand progression you repeat it with half notes but it says use 3 for Ab this time.

Since the hand doesn't need to move at all during this section why the awkward move to Ab for 2 when 3 is there anyway. Was this just supposed to be labeled as 3 or am I just missing some mechanical principle here?

FlatPanda

Re: She Will Be Loved Rookie - Hard Fingering Question

Post by FlatPanda » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 am

Hi ConnerJ

Something small mishaps happen in fingering (or even a bad note in the score). Just report them in the forum, and eventually they will be picked up by the staff (of PGS, not magically in the staff of your score ;) ).

A sidenote: Rookie - Hard - Bolero has also a very interesting, unnecessary fingering change towards the end, I'll have to have a look in the evening, I don't have a PGS now at hand. Will edit this post.

Edit: Rookie - Hard - Bolero: in the bars 113-114-115 the right hand's fingering is given as follows: 3, 5-5, 3 | 1, 1-1, 2 | 3, 4 (- meaning a tied note). For me that's not doable, but 3, 5-5, 5 | 3, 2-2, 1 | 3, 4 is very convenient.