Adjusting Song Speed for Final Lesson

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
cablack@cox.net

Adjusting Song Speed for Final Lesson

Post by cablack@cox.net » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Some of the songs I've purchased or selected via my credits have a very fast tempo, i.e. 124 bpm. I have learned the songs at the slower speed and I am happy with this. However, when I get to the final lesson, I can not adjust the speed, it is the default fast speed. This means that I can not complete the song lesson. For example, Sound of Silence, Rookie is 124 fast speed, show speed is 84. I would like to finish this song lesson, but I can not play that fast (I am an older student) with some hand issues. I feel that we should be able to select the slower speed for the final lesson in a song. Thank you

EFlatMajor

Re: Adjusting Song Speed for Final Lesson

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:20 am

Hello cablack, welcome to the club.

I am not a big user of the song store but I think I know what is happening here.

I took a quick look at the few songs I got from the song store and they look a lot like bootcamp lessons. The difference is the second to last part is a practice of the entire song with both hands. The very last part is not a practice, but a performance. The sheet music is exactly the same as the previous practice part, but the speed settings and repeat tool are locked so that you play the song as the arranger arranged it. Doing well at this earns you (1-3) stars, which pile up and can be converted into free song credits.

Take a look at your song. If the last practice piece is exactly the same as the performance piece, then you are done if your goal was to master the song at the slow speed.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.