Song Lessons that you already own were removed from your cart.

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
ceevee830

Song Lessons that you already own were removed from your cart.

Post by ceevee830 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:42 am

I have bought over one hundred advanced songs. And I check frequently for new releases.
I do not always remember which songs I have bought.
When adding a song to my cart, and it happens to be already purchased, I see this: "Song Lessons that you already own were removed from your cart."

Question: Is there a way to omit songs from the song Store that I already own?
Suggestion: When rendering the view, it could easily check to see if I own it, and omit it from the view if owned.
Impact: It would save time (and frustration)

EFlatMajor

Re: Song Lessons that you already own were removed from your cart.

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Hello ceevee830,

The problems with the song store are well-documented and I believe will be addressed in the next version of the app (release date unknown).

In a nutshell, the song store does not scale well. If you own < 10 songs it is fine, but above that it starts to get more and more unwieldy.

In terms of buying a song you already own, nothing can be done at the moment. I think that a bright yellow diagonal banner that says "OWNED" in the upper right corner of the album cover would be easy enough to implement and would be enough for the users so that this would not be a problem anymore.

But for right now, not much we can do but wait for that new version of the song store.

100 songs is an awful lot. Did you learn them all?

ceevee830

Post by ceevee830 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Thanks for the substantive reply. I'll be on the lookout for the next version of the app, and hope there is some indicator for purchased songs while browsing the song story.

As for 100+ songs: I have a goal/dream to work as a piano player in a piano bar in Europe in five years, so that is my motivation. And we get 5 free per month. But when I choose those 5, I get on a roll and keep adding song after song to my cart! I have them all organised in a spreadsheet and I'm playing them in order of difficulty.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:20 pm

Sounds like a great plan. Wish you the best of luck with it.