Demons - Intermediate - Moderate, expects me to play E flat but the notes just show E.

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
kumarashish1550

Demons - Intermediate - Moderate, expects me to play E flat but the notes just show E.

Post by kumarashish1550 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:01 pm

I was learning demons intermediate - moderate. In the beginning, the very first key in the notes is shown as E, but the playground app expects me to play E flat. I have noticed this in some other places in playground as well. Am I understanding something wrong? Or is there something wrong in the app?

EFlatMajor

Re: Demons - Intermediate - Moderate, expects me to play E flat but the notes just show E.

Post by EFlatMajor » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:53 am

In that song, all the "E" keys should be played E-Flat unless otherwise noted (with a natural). The hint is in the key signature. You might want to take a look at the lessons on key signature and sharps, flats and naturals.

Good luck.

kumarashish1550

Re: Demons - Intermediate - Moderate, expects me to play E flat but the notes just show E.

Post by kumarashish1550 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:45 am

Hi, Isn't the E flat in the key signature in a different octave altogether? I lessons on Accidentals say that accidentals don't apply on different octave.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Isn't the E flat in the key signature in a different octave altogether?
The E-Flat in the key signature applies to every E note regardless of the octave.
accidentals don't apply on different octave.
This is correct. A note with a sharp, flat or natural symbol - it applies only to that specific note, and only until the end of the current measure.

You might want to take the course "Reading Music - Staff Notation (Rookie)" and if you already took it, take it again. Pay close attention to the music theory rather than just playing the exercises.

Good luck.

Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:14 am

EFlatMajor wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:53 am
In that song, all the "E" keys should be played E-Flat unless otherwise noted (with a natural). The hint is in the key signature. You might want to take a look at the lessons on key signature and sharps, flats and naturals.

Good luck.
Agree! This is the right way!
I'm a member of https://musescore.com/our-products family
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-software