What happens if my subscription expires?

General discussion about Playground Sessions subscription plans.
antikewl

What happens if my subscription expires?

Postby antikewl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:51 am

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answer to in the FAQs. What happens to an account if my subscription expires? More specifically, can I still access the songs that I have paid for? Can I still access the Bootcamp lessons?

Thanks! :)

seant23
Site Admin

Re: What happens if my subscription expires?

Postby seant23 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Hey Antikewl,

You will still have access to any songs you have purchased, once you buy them, they are your's for life!

Here is a list of the subscription benefits that will be turned off if your subscription expires:

- Bootcamp Library (unless bought separately)
- Progress tracking/visualizations
- Social Media Features
- Discounts on future song purchases

We are also working on a bunch of future perks for subscribers, like

- Ability to use 3rd party VSTs
- Mini games
- Ability to load external midi/musicxml files
- MP3 lessons, which will be 90% faster downloads for users
- And much much more

Hope this answers your question!

antikewl

Postby antikewl » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:59 pm

This is good to know, thanks Sean. Definitely interested in custom MIDI and VSTs.
Mini games sound fun, too. Presumably something like the ones Rocksmith offer for guitar?

seant23
Site Admin

Postby seant23 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Hopefully even better, also trying to work out a way, that 3rd party developers could make games and include them in Playground. Lots of exciting stuff coming in 2015!

tsadi

Postby tsadi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi. May I know what exactly was meant by us losing access to Bootcamp Library (unless bought separately) when a subscription expires?

What does bought separately mean?

I'm in Bootcamp > Rookie, but my progress is very slow as I only get to practice a limited amount of time. If I lose access to this after my subscription expires, can I just buy the Rookie bootcamp sessions, and I can practice at my own pace?

davidsides
Site Admin

Postby davidsides » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:24 am

In the past we allowed people to buy Bootcamp lessons as packages, eliminating the need for a membership. We don't allow for this anymore (although it may be something we consider allowing in the future).

Currently you can only access Bootcamp Lessons as long as your membership is active. This is a big reason why the Lifetime membership is so valuable - one payment and you have access to everything forever!

gadgetman

Postby gadgetman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:28 am

Hello,

Looking into subscribing for full membership. Just a question you state that bootcamp will be turned off when your membership expires but what's to stop you downloading all the bootcamp lessons when in say a monthly membership? do you only progress or be able to download the next when you complete each lesson?

tsadi

Postby tsadi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Hey gadgetman. Even if you do find a way to download the video lessons, the best feature of Bootcamp (in my opinion at least) is the sheet music with the scrolling line that can detect the notes you played, and which can tell you if you played the right note or not.

I don't think there's an easy way to download that functionality.

Return to “Subscription Plans”