Don't receive email notifications

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Post Reply
rickm
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:43 pm

I have notifications and email both selected in the UCP, board preferences, notifications. Notifications do show up here on the board, but I receive no emails. My email address in my profile is correct. Do people here receive email notifications? Any suggestions?

rickm
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: I Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am

No reply after one month. Does that mean nobody receives email notifications? Or maybe everybody does?

carl.davis
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: I Don't receive email notifications

Post by carl.davis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am

rickm wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am
No reply after one month. Does that mean nobody receives email notifications? Or maybe everybody does?
Hi. I don't usually have email notifications on but I just turned on all of them so we can test this out. I also quoted you in my reply so if you have that setting turned on you can see if it is working.

rickm
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: I Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm

carl.davis wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am
rickm wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am
No reply after one month. Does that mean nobody receives email notifications? Or maybe everybody does?
Hi. I don't usually have email notifications on but I just turned on all of them so we can test this out. I also quoted you in my reply so if you have that setting turned on you can see if it is working.
Thanks for helping, Carl!

After about 5 hours I have no email notification for this reply from you.

Here's a reply back to you to test your notifications.

rickm
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Re: Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:06 pm

There's a checkBox at he bottom of the Reply page that says "Notify me when a reply is posted". I do have that checked. I do get notifications here on the board itself, just not email notifications.

EFlatMajor
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Don't receive email notifications

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:52 pm

You should contact customer support

support@playgroundsessions.com

They probably did not enable emails and define a SMTP server when setting up these forums. Email in phpBB is disabled by default.

I don't think anyone here uses it as the message volume is so low. You are the first to ask.

Good luck.

User avatar
sw1tch73ch
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: Don't receive email notifications

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Are you talking about the email notification for this forum? That seems to be broken. I thought they might update the forum software for that.

But if you mean your normal, not forum, playground sessions account, that should be setup on the normal web page I do get notifications from there about new songs (not always though) and promotions they're having. I don't remember and "opt in" box for that though.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

carl.davis
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: I Don't receive email notifications

Post by carl.davis » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:38 pm

rickm wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm
carl.davis wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am
rickm wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am
No reply after one month. Does that mean nobody receives email notifications? Or maybe everybody does?
Hi. I don't usually have email notifications on but I just turned on all of them so we can test this out. I also quoted you in my reply so if you have that setting turned on you can see if it is working.
Thanks for helping, Carl!

After about 5 hours I have no email notification for this reply from you.

Here's a reply back to you to test your notifications.
I did not get any emails notifications either. I think that as someone else said here, they don't work for the forums.

Post Reply