Graded Play At Your Own Pace

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
sw1tch73ch

Graded Play At Your Own Pace

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:08 pm

One feature I would find helpful on learning a song is an "At Your Own Pace" play through. The software would still identify when the correct notes were played or if wrong keys were hit. The software should patiently wait for all the correct notes to be played or the user cancels the play through, marking the right and wrong notes and scoring the untimed session.

I do a static play through of the notes now without hitting play. I don't get feed back on whether I've gotten the correct notes or not though. I also do not get credit for the time spent finding the right notes and practicing at my own pace.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Graded Play At Your Own Pace

Post by davidsides » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:50 am

That's a great request, one that we've actually discussed amongst ourselves about implementing in the near future. We refer to it as "wait mode". I'm not sure if we'll use that name, but this mode will work exactly the way you described it.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA for this feature, but it's on our list of things to add into the app. :)

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:03 pm

This is excellent news. I realize features aren't snap your fingers and you're done so I'll do my best to patiently wait for the "wait mode" feature. :D
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks! We appreciate your patience.

dragonflyspirit

Post by dragonflyspirit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Love this idea. I've spent hours practicing without being graded, but never thought about not getting any practic time recorded for it.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 am

Great idea, would love to take on the more difficult pieces this way. Hope you get around to implementing this soon.

What would make it even better is some indication of how close you are to playing the song in the set tempo - you could for example have bar/measure background change colour to yellow with increasing wait time, so it is immediately clear where the issues are and having only green notes on a white background becomes the goal.

Derek1977

Post by Derek1977 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:19 am

Is there any progress or new info on this? My wife really likes flowkeys for this feature.

Sandhya60

Post by Sandhya60 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

I agree...it becomes me frustrated at the fact I have the notes but the speed problem of getting the notes to hit the dot just right is frustrating, because it counts against you!. Not to promote the other company I work with, I work on Piano Marvel as well, and they allow you to work on small bits in a practice mode, that still earns you the points so you can progress!
anyone else frustrated by not being able to move on even though you have the notes but cannot get the scoring to work with the speed bar? :evil:
Im diggin the Piano Cat mmmmmaaaaannnnn

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:09 pm

I understand your frustration, but I can assure you that Playground's current method of receiving notes and MIDI information is the most efficient - because we avoid (wireless) pitch detection methods, ours tends to be more accurate, both rhythmically and pitch wise. Any difficulties with getting the correct rhythms is most likely a keyboard issue. Sandhya60, I am happy to help you get your system working properly. The metronome function might also help too. See my reply to your other post.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

erabelli

Post by erabelli » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Any updates on "Wait" mode feature? I noticed that there have been several requests for this.

As a beginner, one of my biggest challenges has been to figure out the correct notes before I can figure out the correct timing (rhythm). "Wait" mode will be a huge help.