Graded Play At Your Own Pace

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
eichenberg

Re: Graded Play At Your Own Pace

Post by eichenberg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:58 am

I second this. Just wanted to open a new thred for this. This would be a important improvement!

rubcar91

Post by rubcar91 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:12 am

I agree! After completing the rookie tour, I turned off the finger numbering labels so I can practice reading the notes instead of depending on reading the numbers, so about half of my practice time now is spent trying to figure out the notes before hitting play. It would be great if this feature were implemented so that the program would record this time, and it could give me immediate feedback as to whether or not I hit the correct key.

dewman

Post by dewman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:47 pm

There was a site ive seen that had where you play the notes by "Wait" or "Scroll" Modes. with the scroll mode you can also set the bpm speed. So you can make it advanced how you want. you can also select different key signatures, intervals to play, chords the whole thing. This was to help learn sight reading of course. I will not post it here because they might consider it spam. but hopefully PGS will come up with a comparable one for sight reading.

Lizzie-M

Post by Lizzie-M » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am

Is there any update to when this feature may become available? I've recently bought a lifetime subscription to playground sessions after having used flowkey and skoove, and was really surprised to find that playground sessions does not have this feature when so many of the other piano learning apps do. Currently contemplating returning my playground sessions membership purely because of the lack of this (in my opinion - quite essential) feature! If it is to become available soon though I may be able to hang on.... but I note these posts were from many months ago :/

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:48 pm

Playground still doesn't have a specific date for the new version of the app, but definitely in 2021 according to a recent video on YouTube. I don't know if the Graded Play at your Own Pace will be in the app. I hope it will!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Marilosof

Post by Marilosof » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:20 am

I am wondering the same - the lack of this function is the reason why I always keep going back to other apps. Is it coming any time soon? Other than that, PGS is my favourite, but the wait mode might be the single most efficient practice aid that there is in app-assisted piano learning! Like one other user mentioned, I find myself learning new songs so much faster with that function - probably less than half the time.