Starting Lesson

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Smash54

Starting Lesson

Post by Smash54 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:24 am

Is there a way you could make it so I can hit a piano key to start a lesson? This works when you want to repeat by hitting the piano C or continuing by hitting D. But after you hit the piano D to continue I then have to reach over to my computer to press the play button.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Starting Lesson

Post by davidsides » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi Smash54,

Thanks for the request. This is something we have on our to-do list and will be rolling out in a future update.

hgiritzer

Post by hgiritzer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:05 am

+1 from me.
Please free us from grabbing the mouse (or computer keyboard) during practice!
Best regards,
Heli

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:51 am

Perhaps we could have the lowest or highest keys have more significance. For example, while pressing C to repeat and D to advance are good, we could have the Middle C and Middle D do those functions, and then the lowest C start playing, lowest D slow the tempo, highest D quicken the tempo and so on, lowest B return to Boot Camp, and so on, would free us from the mouse and keyboard (other than using the Forums, of course). The software would need to keep track of the midi settings to know for each setup what the lowest and highest notes for the midi device are, but we already set that up now, anyway. Of course it will require more than some off the top of the head thinking about which notes should do which functions. but even on the 49 key setups, that's a lot of keys to do things while sitting at a static screen.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --