Search in this forum (phpBB)

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
hgiritzer

Search in this forum (phpBB)

Post by hgiritzer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:05 am

Hi,

I just tried to search this forum for already suggested songs (Sweet Home Alabama, Old Time Rock and Roll, etc.) but the only "result" I got was a message that I used too common words and the search is not possible.
Maybe the setting should be revised to allow more (anything?), as currently it seems not possible to find existing posts.

Best regards,
Heli

Laurensss

Re: Search in this forum (phpBB)

Post by Laurensss » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 am

Hi Heli, normally I would avoid doing "me too" posts but since there is no answer yet:

Yes, please lighten the restrictions on what we can search for! At least for registered users if you need to keep server load down or whatever the current reason is. This would also cut down on the number of duplicate threads.

I'ts not very helpful if a relevant and pretty specific search like "family plan songs" just returns an error message. Thanks!

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Hello,

I just played with the forum settings, so hopefully it's easier to search. Let me know if it still seems like a pain to use and I can try some more things.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:57 am

Thanks, yes this is a big improvement. Also learned that songs aren't shared between family subscriptions, unfortunately.