Timing in my key suppressions.

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Brewster

Timing in my key suppressions.

Post by Brewster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:46 pm

I am just into bootcamp. I have a Yamaha PSR-295. Right away in following along in simple single note mode I was getting red notes for my timing - mainly on the first note in a measure. I have to press the note just a fraction too soon to get a "green" acknowledgement. I have a pretty good sense of timing I am told. This sounds wrong - the note sounds just a little too soon but if I depress it according to my own ear I get a red note! Is this common? Maybe my keyboard and PC are a little too slow?

sw1tch73ch

Re: Timing in my key suppressions.

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:43 pm

You didn't mention what computer device you are using. It is possible it is too slow, but I have a "kind of old" and "kind of slow" Intel Core i3-4010U based computer (2 cores / 4 threads @ 1.7 GHz) with 4 GB of RAM that mostly keeps up. I usually have to make sure nothing else is running. The key, in my case I think, is I'm using a high performance ASIO USB MIDI driver (ASIO4ALL). It's running on WIndows 7 Home 32 Bit.

Are you using the Metronome feature of Playground Sessions? You can use that to judge if you are truly hitting the keys at the right time (
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

doubleaught

Re: Timing in my key suppressions.

Post by doubleaught » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Try a new MIDI cable. I was having the same persistent problem and a fast new cable fixed it immediately.