Best tablet for Playground Sessions

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
mjmst102

Best tablet for Playground Sessions

Post by mjmst102 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:15 pm

I am currently using a clunky, old PC laptop with Playground Sessions, but as you know, it doesn't fit well on the music holder of a standard Yamaha keyboard. What is a nice, large tablet that folks are using successfully with Playground Sessions?

sw1tch73ch

Re: Best tablet for Playground Sessions

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:37 pm

You might look at a used Microsoft Surface. They are full Windows computer (just don't get one with an Atom processor - you'll need at least a Core i3) and so they can use the desktop version of Playground Sessions and can installed the proper drivers to work with all the MIDI keyboards. The Android and iPad apps are early beta, though I think the iPad will talk to more varieties of keyboards. The tablet versions are missing features that I really like, like keeping track of your "score."
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Howard

Re: Best tablet for Playground Sessions

Post by Howard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 pm

I agree with switch: I use the Microsft Surface propped up on the music ledge of my digital piano (Kawai CN37), hooked up via midi and I'm good to go. The desktop version of Playground runs perfectly on the surface windows tablet and everything is seemless. If I need to go private I just plug headphones into the Surface and turn the volume to zero on the piano. (BTW, the Surface is an outstanding all-around computer; it's my only PC now and I take it everythwere.)