Ugh Lean On Me

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
dresmith

Ugh Lean On Me

Post by dresmith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:08 pm

So I just signed up and even though I love Bill Withers... I have always hated the song Lean on Me with the firey passion of a thousand burning suns. I literally seeth with disgust when I hear it and have almost wrecked my car when it came on the radio trying to get it off. Despite my hatred of the song, it is a bad first choice for new students.. especially tempo. For someone who doesn't know the notes, you may as well start your students with the appassionata, it is pretty much the same thing.

I guess since the song is lean on me, I have to play it (anyway to delete a song once you have it?) And I have to get a 100% on it. I don't think I'l be renewing after the trial though. The software is laggy resulting in mistakes and nowhere before I signed up did I read that the sheet music was an added purchase in addition to the monthly fee (surprise).

Don't think sessions is for me.

Beauknowsdiddly

Re: Ugh Lean On Me

Post by Beauknowsdiddly » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Hey Dre,
Just wanted to say hello and don't be so quick to throw in the towel. I've only been here for 2 months and absolutely love it! I've never played piano and just learned Have a merry little Christmas in Intermediate, 'tis, or twas the season and all lol. I'm about in the middle of Pink Floyd's Wish you were here. Loving that as well.

Sorry about your not so pleasant physical reaction to, you've got a friend. that's unfortunate. I think I get the same reaction to rap. At least you've got a friend has a positive message, unlike most rap I've heard.

But anyway, I paid for my 1st month and the boot camp lessons really are super helpful! Then I cancelled the auto enrollment mostly because I've noticed they don't pay much attention to this forum. They say we have to join other social media outlets to really communicate with them. NOT doing that. I think I may have the same reaction to social media as you do to that tune. lol. But then when I saw the New Years deal with all the free songs and much cheaper for a year and then even cheaper monthly after that, I had to jump on it, and am glad I did.....

Not sure what devise you're using, but I have a Windows Machine and have absolutely no issues with lag whatsoever. Works perfect for me! :) I do hope you can figure that out.

Have a great time at whatever you do!!
Thank You!

Beau
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Dual Core 3.5GHz, 8Gbs RAM
Yamaha YPG-535, Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen. Level 80