Extremely disappointed with the Song Library interface

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
FlatPanda

Re: Extremely disappointed with the Song Library interface

Post by FlatPanda » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:21 am

Hi SWhite

Whilst I understand your concerns (if you read this thread, you know that I'm also a software developer), I would like to point out a failure in your post: PGS is based on Adobe AIR and not on Flash. Adobe AIR has no end-of-life with the end of 2020, source here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/air/lock ... 754?page=1 and does not share the same infamous security-issues coming with Flash.

Regarding bugs and software update: my opinion is that they think (as musicians) that the software is good enough and the featureset puts it at least on-par with other, more modern UX competitors; as long as the content is there. And oh boy, is there content there!

Cheers

SWhite

Re: Extremely disappointed with the Song Library interface

Post by SWhite » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:45 am

Thanks @FlatPanda, that is interesting to note. I had read that it was flash but I'm not sure where that was. I've never coded in either of them.

Earlier today I bought a single months subscription of the other program I had used a long time ago to see how it is now. It is still pretty good and would get the job done but as I already noted, PS is the best. I've noted that support is still forthcoming on this site and they are clearly "ok" with publishing peoples gripes (even if nothing is done with them!) so that deserves respect.

I've decided I will be paying for PS but I probably won't get the 2 member lifetime which is what I was considering. Mainly because both my wife and myself dabble for a couple of months then leave it for awhile and then come back for some more later. We have been doing this for many years. Though the last dabble was 6 years ago so it is a long drought. Time flies. Maybe PS will keep me interested long enough to get further this time!

I really wish the exchange rate wasn't so horrific, it adds a significant premium!