Ear training with EarMaster

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Judex

Ear training with EarMaster

Post by Judex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:41 pm

The EarMaster people are making the basics of their latest program - 7.x - available for free. Considering what I paid for EarMaster Pro 5.0 long ago, this is a super offer. (I was originally hoping for a cheap upgrade of the old version, since it was set up for guitar rather than piano and the program was having trouble recognizing me as me, in any case.)

This version offers a sight singing option as well as training in recognizing pitch, chord, rhythm etc. ID, for any vocalists among us. It now requires a microphone. (The first test is being able to sing back notes in your range. CRITICAL: be sure to select your range, or otherwise you'll start out by "failing" the setup.) That microphone requirement garnered the program some unfavorable reviews, but most newer computers come with microphones, although you may have to chanage a switch in settings.

Judex

Re: Ear training with EarMaster

Post by Judex » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:51 pm

I forgot the most important part: EarMaster.com, look for the big "Free Downloads" button. This may be a time-limited offer - they are currently offering a download link rather than a direct link from within the main page (as they were a couple of weeks ago), so this may not be a permanent feature.