Song Lesson structure

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
davesax1

Song Lesson structure

Post by davesax1 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Still a newbie
I like the way the songs are presented in stages, so you phase into the song easily for timing and feel, and gradually add elements. Better for getting up to speed than starting slow and struggling bar by bar.

Would like to see a placemark or list og partial songs. Also, if you complete the final stage, should indicate the song as complete.

Judex

Re: Song Lesson structure

Post by Judex » Wed May 01, 2019 9:54 pm

I knew there must be somebody out there who liked the system of adding a few notes here and there, but it was driving me nuts - as soon as I'd begin developing some muscle memory (or I guess the image these days is thickening the myelin sheathing of the neurons), something would change and I'd find myself fighting what had just been right as a new error. Especially problematic - dividing long tied bass notes. So I started just working on the final version (one hand at a time) focussing on the hard parts, not worrying about getting through the entire piece until they were under control. I find it a lot less frustrating, and you're working without the accompaniment most of the time, which makes it easier to concentrate on your own part. Starting with the simplest parts and adding complexities means you're practicing the easy parts the most and the hardest, the least - going over and over the easy measures in order to get the harder ones under control. (I stole the idea from First, Learn to Practice - do the hard parts first. Wish I'd thought of it long ago.)

andrewwegierski

Re: Song Lesson structure

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Great thoughts!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com