Music Theory Course

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
PianoMan

Music Theory Course

Post by PianoMan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:57 am

I've just recently discovered 'Playground Sessions,' and will almost certainly be subscribing in the next few days. I'm just trying to decide whether I want a yearly subscription, or the 'Lifetime Membership.'

Also, one thing that I believe would be a great benefit to those learning the piano, at least some of us, and even the company itself, would be a music theory course. I realize PS is about getting people playing the piano quickly, and it appears that it does a fantastic job of that. However, I'm very interested in jazz, and would love a well-structured and affordable theory course. At (59) years old I wouldn't pay the ridiculously high music school tuition even if I could afford to. I can find much of what I want on YouTube, but with much time and effort wasted jumping from one channel to the next.

Obviously, I wouldn't expect a thorough music theory course to be included in the price of PS's current offering, but it seems like that would be a fantastic opportunity to partner with someone else that already has an up-and-running theory course available, and maybe PS could offer it as an add-on, or even a completely separate, hopefully reasonably-priced, option.

Perhaps PS already does more explaining things from a theoretical viewpoint, as all I know is what limited information I've seen from the promotional videos. Regardless, I have no doubt that PS can get me moving on piano quickly, as I'm not a complete beginner, and can at least read music notation.

andrewwegierski

Re: Music Theory Course

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:08 pm

This is an excellent suggestion. Thank you!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com