is this way better for some

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
hinobusman

is this way better for some

Post by hinobusman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:15 am

Hi all
Is there some here who have tried a human teacher and failed to learn that way ?
eight months ago I started going to a teacher after 3 years with playground thinking or wondering from what I heard/read that
the best way to learn is with a real teacher.
sadly I am truly struggling to grasp it (the theory)
so I`m considering throwing it in and returning to playgound again
could I be a "learn by ear" learner which I think playground is great for
I made much better progress I think that way
can traditional music teaching methods be not suited for some people ?

sw1tch73ch

Re: is this way better for some

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:44 pm

I think teachers are excellent and if you have one you like, talk to them about Playground Sessions. There is a Teacher program that Playground Sessions is offering. They can incorporate the app into their lessons.

On the other hand, Playground Sessions is right there 24x7 for your aid. I practice almost everyday (my goal is to actually practice every day - still working on that) and Playground Sessions is always ready. It really does work if you are patient and learn how to let the program teach you. They have students is a wide age range - from children to 80 or 90 year olds.

The songs are current pop hits with some classical and classic rock and Jazz - often beginning piano lessons use nursery rhymes, so Playground Sessions will be more interesting to adult learners.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

hinobusman

Re: is this way better for some

Post by hinobusman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Thankyou for the reply , as I said I have playground ( a life member) but put it on hold while trying a human teacher and found that
not giving as good a progress as playground did . will talk with the teacher and see if she`ll support , work with this program .