Arrangements

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
mcharlesworth76

Arrangements

Post by mcharlesworth76 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Why are almost all the songs, even on advanced level, just arrangements with the right hand melody imitating the vocals? It would be a lot better IMO to be have the original melody lines when learning a song you pay for, at the very least starting with advanced level. Hopefully there are plans for this. Playing vocal lines is kinda like playing twinkle twinkle little star. Ok as a rookie, but at advanced level I can see how that will be annoying. Im sure I’m not the only one.

pavel

Re: Arrangements

Post by pavel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:37 pm

mcharlesworth76 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:47 pm
Im sure I’m not the only one.
you are not, believe me

andrewwegierski

Re: Arrangements

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Lots of it depends on the song. Advanced arrangements are handled differently each time, and we take into consideration all elements of the song.

For example, if I'm arranging a song with piano in the original, I'll put the vocals in the right hand, because that's our standard for all arrangements, but I do listen very carefully and take time to transcribe the original piano part. I'll mirror the voicings in the left hand, and maybe even throw in some three hand technique (bass in left, melody in right, and chords with both hands in the middle).

If you have a specific example you'd like to discuss I'd be happy to.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com