Sound and Video out of Sync on iMac?

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Knevster

Sound and Video out of Sync on iMac?

Post by Knevster » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:54 am

Hi all, new player here! I really like the playground sessions format and I’m enjoying learning but I have a problem and just wanted to know if anyone else has the same thing. I have an ongoing dialogue with tech support and this isn’t meant to be a topic about how to solve the problem only is this normal or a problem? But I can’t post in tech support anyway.
I’m playing on a mini Mac but the videos and sound are out of sync. Every video, the song lessons, everything all out of sync. When I play I press the key about half a second before the line actually gets to the note. If I press it dead on the note on the screen it registers a red note and doesn’t match with the song backing track. I don’t think this is a lag issue because the sound, then note is in time with the music but out to the video.
Like in Harry’s opening video his speech in not in sync with his video. I tried the same video on my iPad and it’s working fine so it must be a problem with my mini Mac a setting in the app or it’s normal.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Sound and Video out of Sync on iMac?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:58 am

I don't think it is a common problem. I have Playground Running on a relatively low powered setup that syncs up fine. I am not on a Mac, however. There are a lot of people using Macs regularly though and they seem to be fine. I doubt, however, the the problem is unique to you. iPad uses sometimes have to tweak their settings to get things smooth and I think I've seen Windows users make similar comments. Hopefully the tech support team can solve this with you.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Ftlaudmom

Re: Sound and Video out of Sync on iMac?

Post by Ftlaudmom » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:20 pm

That happens to me when I use bluetooth headphones. Wired headphones don't cause the issue.