Swung Notes and Version 3?

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Jay

Swung Notes and Version 3?

Post by Jay » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:32 pm

So after doubting myself a bit i come realise that Swung notes just do not work. I had a browse through the forums and i found this mentioned in a post 3 years ago.
It seems a bit pointless to have lessons on swung notes when the software is incapable of playing it correctly. Maybe triplets should have been used instead as a work around, kind of like the swing practise lessons. :?

I remember seeing the next version of the software mentioned when i first subscribed to PlaygroundSessions just over a year ago, i stopped playing for quite some due to health issues and when i started to pick it up again went with songs rather than bootcamp. However a year later and still there seems to be no word of the "next version" or swung notes.
I was wondering if swung notes are something being held back for the next version of the software, maybe due to limitations of the current software and whether or not you have a time frame on the next version/v3.0?

Still loving PlaygroundSessions though :D

sw1tch73ch

Re: Swung Notes and Version 3?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm

That is something I've thought about before, too. I don't know how they'd implement swung notes, given they are personal and nearly unique to the performer doing the swing. The scoring part needs a "Objective" standard to grade by. When you perform outside the app, swing away.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --