New Features Request

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
dewman

New Features Request

Post by dewman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:38 pm

New Features requests to add:
Daily exercises:
Sight reading exercises
Scale/Mode identification by sight reading
Note Identification by sight reading
Interval Identification by sight reading
Key Signature Identification
Ear Training exercises to Identify scales, modes, intervals notes by ear.
Vamping chord progressions that loop to practice improvising.
Improvising exercises. including common piano riffs, licks, phrases. also explain any technique used.
Anything a piano player would practice daily. This will also keep people coming back to the app daily no matter their skill level or even if they finished all the lessons in the course. im currently finished all 3 tours and have nothing else to go on except hanon.

Include various tiers for those that want to learn advanced piano knowledge like:

Include chord construction by intervals and by whole note half note method
Modes
Penatatonic Scales/Blues Scales
Augmented/Diminished scales/licks
Jazz Theory
Anything we will come across in sheet music such as repeats, double treble clef, double bass clef, Advancing in knowledge of ledger lines.
The rest of the Hanon exercises. there were 20 but missing the other 40.
What would be the complete course for any piano player?

As an addition you could make seperate courses for each genre of music like blues, classical, rock, jazz etc. making a beginner, intermediate, advanced tiers for each. Would bring additional revenue.

"
Last edited by dewman on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dewman

Re: New Features Request

Post by dewman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:33 pm

Sight Reading Rythm. This is one of the things i struggle with the most. I think one of the major things for me is if im familiar with the songs i dont even really count because i already know how the rythm goes. by having just a static note (e.g. C) or just clapping out the rythm helps me understand it better because i dont get distracted by the (familiar) melody. It actually makes me count it correctly and follow the sheet music instead of memorized rythm.

dewman

Post by dewman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 am

Spotted certain symbols i havent seen covered in PGS like sticcato, legato, accents, if you play one octave higher than presented on sheet music 8va, all the symbols for dynamics. for use pedals, repeat etc Shouldnt' it include everything we will see on sheet music for piano?

lucidmusicinc

Post by lucidmusicinc » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:26 am

dewman wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 am
Spotted certain symbols i havent seen covered in PGS like sticcato, legato, accents, if you play one octave higher than presented on sheet music 8va, all the symbols for dynamics. for use pedals, repeat etc Shouldnt' it include everything we will see on sheet music for piano?
Certain skills like these mentioned would be impossible for the midi software to accurately detect, however some video lessons ought to be added that cover these I agree.
dewman wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Include various tiers for those that want to learn advanced piano knowledge like:

Include chord construction by intervals and by whole note half note method
Modes
Penatatonic Scales/Blues Scales
Augmented/Diminished scales/licks
Jazz Theory
Anything we will come across in sheet music such as repeats, double treble clef, double bass clef, Advancing in knowledge of ledger lines.
The rest of the Hanon exercises. there were 20 but missing the other 40.
What would be the complete course for any piano player?

As an addition you could make seperate courses for each genre of music like blues, classical, rock, jazz etc. making a beginner, intermediate, advanced tiers for each. Would bring additional revenue.
Completely agree with these ideas.

tjcrowder

Post by tjcrowder » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:19 am

Does the course include any practice guidance?

TIA

TheDestroyer

Post by TheDestroyer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:29 am

while some of the features you wanted added confused me a bit I think that the majority of these Ideas would be amazing to have in the app and that this is a very comprehensive list. but keep in mind that It does takes a good deal of time to implement new features in the app so while playgroud may want to implement new features It's not always the easiest thing to do.

Galm

Post by Galm » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:03 am

I'm all for more practice guidance along with tjcrowder!