Add Two Octave Scales/Modes

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
dewman

Add Two Octave Scales/Modes

Post by dewman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:07 pm

There are no 2 octave scale exercises (left, right and both hand exercises) It is one and two octaves for hanon but not for scales. Phil mentioned in the last youtube video if you can play in two octaves you can play the whole piano. I do realize that it the same pattern of notes for instance in a C major scale but isnt the fingering different for 2 octaves than it is for 1 octave? It would probably the same for modes and other scales. Two octave fingering would probably be different for all of those i would imagine.

blispers

Re: Add Two Octave Scales/Modes

Post by blispers » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

I second this request. I am certainly no expert, but yes a ton of the scales have different fingering for 2 octaves versus 1 octave. I find it is almost always the low note and or the high note in the octave that disagree. I tend to play the 1 octave and change the fingering hoping that they will add 2 octave scales in the future.

I also would request arpeggio's be added and I would request 2 octave at the minimum.

A great big thanks for the Hanon exercises. I find them very challenging. Didn't realize how weak my hands were. Songs that seem fast and hard seem to have slowed down now that I am working on Hanon exercises. I still have a long way to go with Hanon.

Thanks Playground