Connection Issues

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Piano_Pete

Connection Issues

Post by Piano_Pete » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:05 am

Hi guys,

Is anyone else having dramas with your pianos/keyboards staying connected to your computers when playing? I have a Chase p-65 connected to my PC via midi USB, it will be fine for 30 minuntes then start randomly disconnecting, even when playing. I have to take the cable out the piano and put it back in for the PC to recognise it again. Sometimes I have to restart the app.

I have tried driver updates, changing settings as advised in the trouble shoot but still no joy.

Any help would be great :)

EFlatMajor

Re: Connection Issues

Post by EFlatMajor » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 am

That should not be happening - try sending an email to :

support@playgroundsessions.com

and get into the support system.

In addition,
1 - try closing all windows on your computer except for PGS
2 - Disconnect anything unnecessary from your USB ports
3 - Play as usual, when the disconnect happens, look carefully at the MIDI cable. Mine has a green LED for power and a red LED for transmit. Press a bunch of piano keys all at once to see if that red LED lights up close to steady. If it does, you have ruled out the piano and the MIDI-USB cable.

The most important thing is to get that email in.

Good luck.

SWhite

Post by SWhite » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Are you connecting the MIDI cable directly to your computer or via a USB hub? If it is a hub, then you might need to use a powered hub if you aren't already.

If your MIDI cable is USB 1 or USB 2 compatible then try not to plug it into a USB 3 port. USB 3 is not completely compatible with USB 2.

Finally, Windows can turn off USB devices if it thinks they aren't being used. I'm not sure if it is still an issue but many many gamers had to disable USB power saving on their USB ports to stop joysticks and such randomly disconnecting.

Mallez

Post by Mallez » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm a new buyer as well who is having the same issues ! :).

Admittedly my Midi cable is quite old... Is this the recommended one if I get a new one? It's what is linked to in the support section.

https://www.amazon.com/iConnectivity-mi ... cable&th=1

I have the same issues. Random disconnects, and like Piano-Pete. I have to take the USB out of the laptop, and even reload the app at times. It's quite annoying when I'm on track for 100%, and it disconnects mid playing ;) . I have the same "first note" issue as well. Many times a wrong first note is put in (without hitting any keys), just as the run starts.

I have a brand new powerful laptop (I'll check the USB Saving tip), but other setting tips would be helpful. If the newer midi cable works, I'm not against ordering a new one, but would like to know if maybe there are more settings to check.

Thanks!

Mallez

Post by Mallez » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:32 pm

Oh yeah,

I have a Technics sx-PR604.

Mallez

Post by Mallez » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:39 pm

Problem solved, new midi cable arrived today and practiced for a couple hours without an issue.

Thanks all!