The Well Tempered Clavier (Course) ???

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
dewman

The Well Tempered Clavier (Course) ???

Post by dewman » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:56 am

yesterday on youtube i asked if this collection would be on PGS. As i got to thinking about it maybe it would make more sense to have it as a course. Since it is a musical study maybe have a course on it describing exactly what it is we are learning from each piece. i think its a song in each key major and minor. Another words as a course make it a study lesson as well. Also maybe think about having other famous collections for study as a course of some kind. Are there other famous collections of books for piano study?

EFlatMajor

Re: The Well Tempered Clavier (Course) ???

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Hey dewman,

I think it is a great idea. I agree with you that it should be a course, at least for the Preludes anyway. Maybe rookie/intermediate and unlocks sometime after the scales class is completed.

The Fugues are a totally different story. They are hard - really hard. I took a look at the sheet music and shuddered (only kidding :D ). I can't imagine how hard it would be to develop a course that covers all of them. The Fugues make a good business case for being put in the song store. They would probably best be placed in that rumoured super-advanced "Expert" level where the original music is used for the piece.

Either way, if won't be done if you don't ask. Please add these pieces with the song request form and let us know here so we can go vote for it.

dewman

Post by dewman » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:53 pm

EFlatMajor wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:38 pm
Hey dewman,

I think it is a great idea. I agree with you that it should be a course, at least for the Preludes anyway. Maybe rookie/intermediate and unlocks sometime after the scales class is completed.

The Fugues are a totally different story. They are hard - really hard. I took a look at the sheet music and shuddered (only kidding :D ). I can't imagine how hard it would be to develop a course that covers all of them. The Fugues make a good business case for being put in the song store. They would probably best be placed in that rumoured super-advanced "Expert" level where the original music is used for the piece.

Either way, if won't be done if you don't ask. Please add these pieces with the song request form and let us know here so we can go vote for it.
Do you have the URL for the suggestion page on hand?

FlatPanda

Post by FlatPanda » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:09 pm

https://playgroundsessions.uservoice.com/ for single songs, for "Expert level" and Fuges/Courses I'd hit the support e-mail.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:10 pm

https://playgroundsessions.uservoice.co ... g-requests

In case you lose this, its in the now locked song request forum. The URL is in the first post there.

dewman

Post by dewman » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:22 pm

EFlatMajor wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:10 pm
https://playgroundsessions.uservoice.co ... g-requests

In case you lose this, its in the now locked song request forum. The URL is in the first post there.
https://playgroundsessions.uservoice.co ... er-by-bach

dewman

Post by dewman » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:07 pm

28 votes so far. keep em coming

EFlatMajor

Re: The Well Tempered Clavier (Course) PLEASE VOTE

Post by EFlatMajor » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:18 pm

Great work championing this, dewman. My vote is one of the 28. It is already up to page 5 on the song request list.

I know there are a lot of lurkers here - hopefully they will read this and then cast their votes.

Click here to VOTE for The Well Tempered Clavier (Course)

worldofchris

Post by worldofchris » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:07 am

Great idea. I have upvoted. There is not nearly enough Bach on here.