Starting in the Middle

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Adrien84

Starting in the Middle

Post by Adrien84 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

Just wondering if there's any way you can start a practice session in the middle of a piece. I'm finding that if I'm having trouble with a phrase at the end of a song or exercise, I have to play it all the way through to get to it.

Ideas? Thanks

sw1tch73ch

Re: Starting in the Middle

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 am

Adrien84 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am
Just wondering if there's any way you can start a practice session in the middle of a piece. I'm finding that if I'm having trouble with a phrase at the end of a song or exercise, I have to play it all the way through to get to it.

Ideas? Thanks
On the Windows and Mac OS computers, you can. You find the exercises in the lesson or song that covers those middle measures and using the mouse to highlight them so you can isolate them, and even loop them if you want. On the current iOS version I don't think you can isolate just a couple of measures.

Also note that the software does not require you to finish any specific measures to do others. To get credit for a whole lesson you have to play all the exercises in it, but not specifically in the given order. But you probably won't know until you get to them which measures will trip you up, so just know that once you get to them, you can highlight and isolate them -- at least on Mac and PC.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --